. And, just like the mix of 2011, this is an amazing journey of a mix. Full of trademark Sasha tracks from the likes of the excellent Henry Saiz.
The Mixmag cover mount CD from 2011 blew us away and this mix does too. Possibly more so.
Spadang as you may have guessed, from reading our other reviews is a HUGE fan of Sasha, since before his landmark Renaissance mix. But to say this mix is as good as we think it is, is not through bias: it's because it really IS that good.
Right from the start, Home Video's "Every Love That Ever Was" grabs you and the mix doesn't let you go until the last dying seconds of Phon.o's "Scnn33". There are no weak (space filler) tunes in between either. You really feel that each tune was picked out of choice, to deliver a mix of perfection.
But is there a stand out track?
Yes, Henry Saiz's "I Can Feel It Coming" is the best tune, amongst some really strong competition. It's melody and hypnotic vocal are intoxicating.
But it's the the way Sasha has mixed this tune with what follows, that is really impressive. The mix goes on for a long long time and the vocal "I Can Feel It Coming" pervades brilliantly, in the background of the excellent Bonobo's "Eyesdown".
Baikal's "Why Don’t Ya" (Ripperton remix), also stands out as the most peak time track of the whole mix - a great way to set up the ending of the mix.
If you didn't buy the edition of Mixmag, that this was attached to, it's a shame: you've missed out.
When we reviewed Sasha's Mixmag cover mount from 2011, we said much the same as we do here:
"We have to rate this mix as a proper Journey. Anything we don't like? It's too short."
1. Home Video - ‘Every Love That Ever Was’ (Sasha edit)
2. MOTSA - ‘Sleepless Nights’
3. Miyagi - ‘Goodbye Girl’ (Fairmont remix)
4. Henry Saiz - ‘I Can Feel It Coming’
5. Bonobo - ‘Eyesdown’ (Sasha remix)
6. Chaim - ‘What’s Your Name’
7. Dusky - ‘Mr Man’
8. Henrik Schwarz - ‘Take Words In Return’
9. Henrik Schwarz - ‘Take Words In Return’ (C2 remix)
10. Arthur Oskan - ‘Omegaman’
11. Andhim - ‘Wizard of Us’
12. Henry Saiz feat eloy - ‘It’s Not Over’
13. Baikal - ‘Why Don’t Ya’ (Ripperton remix)
14. Phon.o -‘Scnn33’